Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Review & Swatches

I first heard about the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter through beauty gurus on Youtube. They were launched in Hong Kong about 2-3 months ago, so I went ahead and bought 4 of them.


I would say that the packaging is quite nice for a drug store product and the colour payoff is also amazing for a lip butter. However the name "lip butter" may be misleading as they are definitely not as moisturizing, so you may have to apply an actual lip balm before this if your lips are super dry.

095 Creme Brulee, 025 Peach Parfait, 001 Pink Truffle, 040 Red Velvet 


Please excuse the colour stain on the tubes, I have been using them for a while now! 


Creme Brulee and Peach Parfait has a sheer finish to it. Peach Parfait also has gold glitter in it which is quite pretty when you first apply it, but once the colour wears off, you'll be left with sparkles on your lips which isn't exactly attractive! Pink Truffle and Red Velvet on the other hand is a lot more pigmented. 

Natural lighting, indoor light, flash 

What do you think about this product? Have you tried it yet? If not would you consider purchasing it? 
Let me know in the comments below! :)

P.S.
See the Invisible Children, stop KONY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc&feature=share

If you're in Hong Kong...
http://www.facebook.com/events/344458215597779/

16 comments:

  1. i'm always looking for a nice nude color. the first one looks nice.

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is and it doesn't make you look sick or anything! A lot of nude lip colour do that to people with medium cool skin.

      Delete
  2. So many beauty bloggers are talking about these. The colors you got do look really pretty. I will try it eventually.
    rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I agree, but they are a really good drugstore product! You should, some of the other colours such as Strawberry Shortcake look really pretty too! Thank you <3

      Delete
  3. Oooh I have heard lots about these, I do want to try them out.
    PS my name is Nicole and I am also a Gemini :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Haha that almost makes us twins ;) x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yup, and there are a lot of other colours too!

      Delete
  5. I love Revlon products. its gorgeous colors, i should go out i buy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually a Revlon newbie :p And yes you should definitely try them! The colour payoff is amazing <3

      Delete
  6. Thanks! <3 Don't be, you get a lot of other products and brands that I can't get here ;( Just followed you back as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the comment on my blog. i'll do a review when i have time to try them out ^^ you're blog is so cute and you're really pretty! *followed*
    Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them! I use Berry Smoothie. My friend prefers the Clinique chubbi sticks though. I haven't tried them. Do you blog in HK? That's where I'm from and I am traveling there in July!

    Click here to visit me!

    ReplyDelete